Contact: Kelly Sheehan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 952.742.4204
VOLUNTARY FOOD RECALL NOTICE
Cargill voluntarily recalls 795, 8-ounce boxes of product containing Jif® Peanut Butter due to the potential for Salmonella contamination
Lititz, Pa. (May 23, 2022) – Cargill is voluntarily recalling select lots of Milk and Dark Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz® Crackers, Peanut Butter Meltaways, Peanut Butter Eggs and Fudge sold locally through the Wilbur Chocolate Retail Store in Lititz, Pa. and online at Wilburbuds.com. The products contain Jif® peanut butter that was recalled by the J.M. Smucker company on May 20, 2022, due to the potential for Salmonella contamination. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Recalled product information
This recall affects 795, 8-ounce boxes of peanut butter containing products. These products were sold at the Wilbur Chocolate store in Lititz, Pa. and online at Wilburbuds.com between Feb. 9, 2022 and March 28, 2022. The recalled items can be identified using the following information:
- K119D Dark Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220216AC, Best if Used by Date of 5/16/2022
- K119M Milk Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220216AF, Best if Used by Date of 5/16/2022
- K120D Dark Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Meltaways - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220224AA, Best if Used by Date of 4/24/2022
- Lot 220219AB, Best if Used by Date of 4/19/2022
- Lot 220215AC, Best if Used by Date of 4/15/2022
- K120M Milk Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Meltaways - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220222AA with Best if Used by Date of 4/22/2022
- Lot 220218AG with Best if Used by Date of 4/18/2022
- Lot 220215AE with Best if Used by Date of 4/15/2022
- K121M Milk Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz® Crackers - 8pc. 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220302AF with Best if Used by Date of 6/2/2022
- Lot 220216AJ with Best if Used by Date of 5/16/2022
- Lot 220209AF with Best if Used by Date of 5/9/2022
- K508 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220219AF with Best if Used by Date of 4/19/2022
- K509 Peanut Butter Fudge - 8 oz. Box
- Lot 220219AC with Best if Used by Date of 4/19/2022
No other Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate or Wilbur products are involved in this recall.
No illnesses or health-related complaints in connection with this recall have been reported to Cargill to date.
Customers who purchased this product should not consume it and dispose of or return any unconsumed portions to the Wilbur Chocolate Retail Store. To return products and/or request a refund, contact Amy Weik at Aweik@cargill.com or call 717-627-7946 between 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Eastern, Monday-Friday.
Cargill and Wilbur Chocolate are taking this action in the interest of consumer safety.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The safety and quality of our products is our number one concern. We greatly appreciate our customers’ loyalty and thank you for your cooperation.
Cargill’s 155,000 employees across 70 countries work relentlessly to achieve our purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
We combine 155 years of experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. Side-by-side, we are building a stronger, sustainable future for agriculture. For more information, visit Cargill.com and ourNews Center.
Source of Recall: The J. M. Smucker Co. Issues Voluntary Recall of Select Jif® Products Sold in the U.S. for Potential Salmonella Contamination